Tuesday, September 06, 2005

 

REPEALING THE BUSH TAX CUTS

This one is simple. In fact, the only tax increase I will make at this time. I now repeal all the Bush tax cuts.

Much of this was a give-a-way to the wealthy or at least more affluent. Now I do not beleive in "soak the rich." But we are in dire times and the revenue lost is huge. To radically increase spending while cutting taxes is grossly irresponsible.

But as I have said before, I will reform our tax code and make it more fair. I do not believe in penalizing success.

And much of these breaks actually were handouts to those who do not even pay taxes. This ends now.

This act will put us much closer to fiscal viability and corrects one huge blunder.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?